Modifications of the ShapeMetriX UAV software
You can get details for your update by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
ShapeMetriX UAV system specifications 8/2021
ShapeMetriX UAV version 4.2
ShapeMetriX UAV 4.2 is a major release with the focus set on usability and design. Besides the redesigned user interface and enhanced screen representation, the software is available in dark theme design. In addition, enhancements in the calculation of volumes have been integrated.
- New! Dark theme mode available for all software components
Dark theme mode is selectable by the user in the settings. The new display mode comes with newly designed icons to fit the design for the original and the new dark theme.
- New! User interfaces have been redesigned to improve the user experience and usability
- New! 3D viewer with improved performance
The new 3D viewer meets and exceeds the demands of large 3D models from drone imagery. It allows displaying 3D models at a higher level of detail in the surface and the photo texture without comprising performance and user interaction. It is capable to load data faster and increases the productivity of the user.
- New! 3D navigation features to rotate the 3D model from the current point of view and to orientate the 3D model from the camera view top down
- New! 3D navigation feature using Arrow keys for straight motion and Strg+Arrow keys for rotation
- New! User definable background colour for the 3D viewer
- New! Features for enabling mouse navigation in the stereo view
- New! Improvements in the command line installation
- New! Digital signature for individual software components for verifying the authenticity
- Clear arrangement of manuals in the Center Window – division in General (guidelines, field procedure,…) and Components (individual software components)
- New! Redesigned user interface with usability improvements
- New! CSV Export of Lithologic Regions
- New! CSV Export of Homogenous Areas
- Improved keyboard and mouse functions for editing the volume
- New! Setting of the unit – available units: mm3, m3, inch3, yd3
ShapeMetriX UAV version 4.1
ShapeMetriX UAV 4.1 is a major release, where the SMX MultiPhoto has been further improved and completely new referencing mechanism for 3D models has been integrated.
- New! Software installer including the possibility of silent installation using the command line with appropriate setup settings
- New! Digital signature for verifying the authenticity of the software
- New! Enhanced CSV import functions (new import dialog) available in the SMX Referencer and SMX Normalizer
- Re-organized dialog for the general software settings
- Enhanced HTML manuals (paragraph numbering)
- PDF versions of the manuals available directly in the software
- New! Referencing Single Point Mode: This mode transfers the 3D model to a user defined co-ordinate by a single externally surveyed point
- New! Referencing Sample Mode: This mode scales the 3D model in a local co-ordinate system (especially suitable in underground environment)
- New! CSV Import of Ground Control Points in latitude, longitude and altitude
- New! OBJ and Geo-Tiff export of the 3D model
- Improved error analysis and warnings
- Enhanced CSV import functions for Ground Control Points
- “Behind the scenes”: Improvements in the 3D model generation
SMX Volume Calculator
- New! Automatically generated report
- New! CSV export of volumes
- New! Mass calculation by editable density
ShapeMetriX UAV version 4.0.2
This is a service release which includes the features outlined below.
- New! Support of the BAAM Tech™ PPK drone equipment
- Backward compatibility of 3D models (new feature “Export 3D model as jm3 v3.0”)
ShapeMetriX UAV version 4.0
This is a major release. The MultiPhoto component has been again revamped and improved and we integrated the referencing mechanism directly into the component. This opens new possibilities and increases the feedback to the user and the achievable accuracy.
- New! Complete new referencing mechanism for 3D models including enhanced possibilities and instant quality feedback (replaces the use of the SMX Referencer component)
- New! GCP constrained optimizations and referencing of 3D models
- New! Import of GPS co-ordinates from an (ASCII) TXT file
- New! Automatic generation of a quality report for the reconstruction (PDF)
- New! Automatic generation of ortho-photos (PNG)
- Feature enhancement in the Heap Mode – One Model (formerly Heap Mode – Reference Plane)
- automatic positioning of bounding planes for individual heap volumes
- boundary planes are user adjustable
- New! PDF print for Sections and Profiles
- New! Pie chart plot for Lithologic Regions und Homogeneous Areas
- New! Feature “Area Basic”
- New! Calculation of an area related to an user adjustable Reference Plane
- New! Display of the reconstruction quality of 3D models generated by SMX MultiPhoto v4.0
- New! HTML Help for JMX Inspector
- Visualization of the Reference Plane in the 3D viewer
- User configurable display of Trace Maps Analysis (zoom function, show/hide spacing and intersection marks)
- Display of spacing parameters in the Trace Maps Analysis diagram (tool tip)
- Enhancement of Profile properties (vertical and horizontal distance)
- OBJ export: possibility to reduce texture size
ShapeMetriX UAV Version 3.0.2
The software update includes:
- Improvement of surface meshing (avoid accidentially formed micro gaps in the surface mesh that have been present under some circumstances)
ShapeMetriX UAV Version 3.0
Improvements and new features in General, SurfaceTrimmer, Normalizer and Analyst are equal to ShapeMetriX 3D and can be found in the corresponding release notes.
The MultiPhoto component has been extremely improved again. It computes better models with higher accuracy and it is faster than previous versions.
- Higher quality of 3D models in terms of surface point localization and coverage of data
- Faster computation
- Support of standard machines without special graphics hardware; for faster computation still NVidia © graphics cards recommended
- New matching strategy for “fast” reconstruction leading to denser model at the same computing time
- “Normal” density matching delivers much more points at the same computation time
- More information on loaded image data such as camera type or GPS information
- Automatic support of GPS information if available
- New live display during coarse model generation; it shows the actually found camera locations in a live 3D view while adding new cameras
- A custom set of loaded images can be selected/deselected for the reconstruction process
- Changing the project name also changes the name of the 3D model accordingly
- Region of interest supports straight lines as well as arbitrary shapes
- Several new cameras added to camera data base
ShapeMetriX UAV Version 2.1
- Higher quality of 3D image reconstruction
- New! Automatic continuation of reconstruction (dense reconstruction is automatically launched after coarse reconstruction after a user-defined time).
- New! Three different reconstruction modes (Fast, Normal, High)
- New! User-defined limit of generated points for the final reconstruction.
- New! User-defined stereo set-ups can be added to an existing 3D reconstruction.
- New! 3D model view for a better localization of the reference image.
- ShapeMetriX 3D is released with 64-bit applications only.
- A dongle update is required (for most users) before installing SMX 4.1 in order to apply all new functions to the software.
- Drastic improvement of 3D mesh generation.
- Better handling of operations that require administrator privileges (e.g. installation of license or calibration data)
- Multiple calibration files can be installed and removed at once.
- New! Multiple connected dongles are supported.
- New! Option to set the displayed texture resolution for the 3D viewer.
- New! Backup/restore functionality for license data.
- New! ‘Clean up’ button for removing temporary data (only if 3GSM cache directories are found).
- More feedback during trimming.
- Reference points are saved in the correct subimage and are shown again after loading.
Note: Reference points from previous versions are no longer imported.
- Diagrams display the set unit for axes.
- Option for enabling / disabling the same scale for both axes for sections chart.
- Calculated volumes can be renamed.
- New! Option to set the displayed texture resolution for the 3D viewer.
- New! Tool tips – Information about annotations are provided in the 3D viewer by moving the mouse over the annotation while holding Ctrl key.
- New! Customisable screenshot functionality including orthophotos with scale information
- New! Plots can be saved as “.png” files.
- New! Optional point limit exported by the Tape Measure into the “.csv” file